Preview: Christian Bale on “Terminator Salvation” and Vaguely Explained Visits to Bartlesville
In October, Christian Bale sightings caused a stir in Bartlesville when a barista at a local Starbucks served the “Terminator Salvation” star a grande chai latte. When The Oklahoman asked Bale why he visited the town, the 35-year-old actor grinned widely.
“What do you mean?” Bale asked. “That’s offensive to Bartlesville. Who doesn’t want to go there? Are you from Bartlesville?”
Once he ascertained that this reporter was from Oklahoma and not a foot soldier in a TMZ.com-deployed army of Midwestern paparazzi, Bale offered slightly more information.
“I was there… for … doing a little bit of location scouting and getting ideas for something that… might … happen,” he said.
For more on Bale, check out Friday’s Weekend Look section, NewsOK and this space.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients