Michael Jackson Pepsi Fire, 1984
My primary memory of this ad was that it came out around the same time as that awful “State of Shock” single from the Jacksons and Mick Jagger, and back then, rewriting “Billie Jean” as “You’re the Pepsi Generation” was an unforgivable cheeseball cash grab, whereas these days it’s just the cost of doing business in an industry that embraces crassness.
But all that is beside the point. We never really knew at the time just how bad this was — The handlers all seemed to brush it off as a minor injury, a slight singe. No, this was a nasty burn. This doesn’t mean that all the quasi-journos saying that this led to his painkiller addiction are right — as Idolator mentioned not long ago, a good portion of the Entertainment Reporting Complex covering this story is writing fan fiction right now — but you don’t get out of something like this with two aspirin and an ice bag.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients