Adam Yauch Illness: Beastie Boys Disc, Tour Postponed
Beastie Boys’ Adam Yauch was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his left salivary gland last week. The growth was caught early, localized in a small area and is considered treatable, but to allow for full recovery, tour dates and the release of Hot Sauce Committee Part One have been postponed.
“I just need to take a little time to get this in check, and then we’ll release the record and play some shows. It’s a pain in the neck (sorry, had to say it) because I was really looking forward to playing these shows, but the doctors have made it clear that this is not the kind of thing that can be put aside to deal with later,” Yauch said in a statement.
We in the Staticblog community hope MCA enjoys a strong bounce back from this, and that the release can get back on track soon.
UPDATE: Here’s a video statement from MCA with King Ad Rock.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 97533Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13957Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9425Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8660Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 8311OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 7700How to help tornado victims
- 7421Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 6598Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6130Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 6065Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients