Not Wishful Thinking This Time: Pavement to Reunite in 370 Days
Nearly 10 years after the Brixton Academy show that ended the band’s career, Pavement announced yesterday via Brooklyn Vegan it will reunite to perform at least one show at Central Park Summerstage, and possibly as many as four, beginning on Sept. 21, 2010.
Now, with all due respect to Malkmus and his Jicks and the Preston School of Industry, I could not be happier to hear this. Don’t know if we’ll ever hear new original music from Pavement, but I’ll take whatever baby steps these guys choose to make. Pop the champagne — this news will make all food taste better and all comedy much funnier today.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 64632Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14648Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8984Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7016Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6971How to help tornado victims
- 6471Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6275Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5865Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5834Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 5724Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients