StaticBlog and Nerdage Cast Warner Bros.’ “Gilligan’s Island”
It cannot possibly be dumber than the original series: Warner Bros. has optioned “Gilligan’s Island” for a 2011 release. While there is no firm cast set in place, we at StaticBlog and Nerdage are taking it upon ourselves to select appropriate players for this thing before professionals have a chance to screw it up. And while it’s taken all we can muster to keep from simply filling these roles with the cast of “Lost” (Terry O’Quinn as a monomaniacal Skipper, Michael Emerson as a psychotic Gilligan, Evangeline Lilly in sequins and a feather boa — wait, we’re doing it anyway) here’s our ideas. Warners, please make the checks out to Price and Lang.
Nerdage: Steve Carell. He does goofy incompetence with the best of ‘em.
StaticBlog: I’m going to go with Jay Baruchel, because he’s proved he can play frenetic goofballs time and again and looks like he could take a coconut to the head.
THE SKIPPER TOO
Nerdage: A loveable captain who nonetheless is terrible at piloting a boat? How about Andy Richter? He may have some time on his hands.
StaticBlog: Jeff Garlin, because he has only one volume setting — loud — and you need someone who can bellow “Gilligan!” and have the sound carry to the other end of the lagoon.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients