Malcolm McLaren, 1946-2010
The notorious Sex Pistols/Bow Wow Wow manager, cultural-co-opter and general provocateur, Malcolm McLaren, died of mesothelioma today in Switzerland. He was 64.
Following his brief tenure as manager of the New York Dolls, McLaren and his girlfriend, Vivienne Westwood, opened a London boutique for punk-themed wear called Sex, after which he set about putting together a band of snotty, rotten nasties called The Sex Pistols. In the ’80s, McLaren persuaded most of the Ants to pull away from Adam and the Ants, and hired a Burmese-English girl named Annabella Lwin, who was just barely into her teens, to front a new band, Bow Wow Wow, which was also used to promote McLaren and Westwood’s new line of “New Romantic” wear.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients