Conan Signs With … TBS?
TBS announced today that Conan O’Brien will bring his talk show to TBS in November. The 10 p.m. CST show will follow a similar format to his “Tonight” and “Late Night” gigs on NBC, with George Lopez’ talker bumped back to 11 p.m. CST.
This was a shocker, since the conventional wisdom on Conan was that he was likely going to Fox, or possibly doing a trial run at FX before stepping up to the network level. But all things being what they are these days, it makes sense that Conan went with a basic cable model instead of the traditional network deal: more freedom to do what he wants, and he gets to be on what is shaping up to be the right side of history. The networks are not the quality players they once were, and in the case of NBC, Conan’s old home is only now getting smart about its 2010-11 season after years of chintzy, lowball programming.
An amazing turn of events.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients