deadCenter Review: ‘Skylight’
Screened as part of Comedy Shorts
Directed by David Baas
A mock-PSA for protecting the ozone layer, this cleverly animated film shows us what happens to the poor animals when they’re not sufficiently protected from UV rays — they get zapped into a roasted turkey. All of them.
The repeated sight gag is cute and a little horrifying all at the same time, but it gets a little overplayed, and the artificial jittery projector effects just seem like an unnecessary addition.
Grade: 2 out of 4 Stars
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients