deadCenter Review: ‘Jeffrey the Goldfish’
Screened as part of Comedy Shorts
“Jeffrey the Goldfish”
Directed by Shelby Chapman
A man’s relationship with his goldfish is put to the test when the fish suddenly moves out. Featuring so-bad-you-hope-it’s-on-purpose acting, “Jeffrey” squanders whatever lo-fi charm it might have possibly achieved with an uneven combination of color and black-and-white photography (equally unattractive) and awkward music editing that makes one of the best Bright Eyes songs sound like an aural turd.
Oh, and way more man-on-fishbowl making out than anyone needs to see.
Grade: 1/2 out of 4 Stars
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients