deadCenter Review: ‘The Terrible Thing of Alpha-9!’
Screened as part of Comedy Shorts
“The Terrible Thing of Alpha-9!”
Directed by Jake Armstrong
Beautifully and originally animated, this tale of the futility of man’s violence plops a spaceman down on a distant planet. He’s there to kill an enormous five-eyed beast, but the creature turns out to be more cuddly than ferocious.
That little fact doesn’t get in the spaceman’s way though, and he persists in his mission, resulting in a sad and poignant conclusion that reaches pretty deep into the psyche of humanity for an animated short.
Grade: 3 1/2 out of 4 Stars
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 31040Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15616Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10323Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9726Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9655Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8284Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8255Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7508Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7162Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6434UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients