Mickey Reece premieres latest film “Country Singer”
This article ran in the Weekend Look section of Friday’s edition of The Oklahoman.
Hang around Mickey Reece long enough, and he will have you acting strangely.
“People don’t ask to be in my movies,” Reece said in a recent interview. “It’s more like, ‘Hey you, you’re in my movie.’”
With that attitude and a tireless work ethic, Reece has made eight feature-length films in the past two years and has recruited local musicians such as Ali Harter, Chris Harris and even his own grandmother for his latest effort, “Country Singer,” which will be screened Saturday at the Opolis, 113 N Crawford in Norman.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients