Cacky Poarch Steps Down After Eight Years Directing deadCenter
Mat Hoffman, Cacky Poarch and Spike Jonze at the June 9 opening of the deadCenter Film Festival.
Cacky Poarch, the deadCenter Film Festival executive director who helped transform the festival from a small collection of local screenings into a nationally recognized event, is stepping down to pursue her own film projects.
“It has been a tremendous experience serving as executive director of deadCenter Film Festival for the past eight years,” Poarch said in a prepared statement. “Our 10th anniversary was amazing. We had record attendance, multiple world premieres and even attracted Oscar-nominated Spike Jonze to our kick-off event. In the past year, we’ve developed a solid strategic plan and with the help of a sound board of directors, the next executive director will have all the tools necessary to take deadCENTER into the next decade.”
Festival co-chair Tracey Zeeck said the search for a new director is underway. Board chairman Peter Dolese said Poarch’s efforts “helped teach us all the importance and vitality that an independent film festival has on a community.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients