Afghan Whigs Cover Frank Ocean’s “Lovecrimes”
Greg Dulli and the reunited Afghan Whigs have been covering this standout from the 2011 mixtape “Nostalgia, Ultra” practically since it came out, but they just released their studio version of it, and in classic Afghan Whigs style, Dulli makes everything about the song much creepier. This is to be expected, given the treatment the Afghan Whigs gave TLC’s “Creep” back in the day.
My view is that the Afghan Whigs are doing this 1990s reunion thing better than almost anyone else. They stayed away long enough to be missed, they actually sounded better and oddly current when they returned, and Dulli is now indulging in super-current R&B — not a new thing, given the band’s excellent past covers of TLC and Barry White.
Buy Tickets View all
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20574Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17211OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14998Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9907Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9532Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8184Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7905Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6217Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5869Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients