Video of the Day: Stars, “Backlines”
Stars moved up to the major-indie ATO for “The North,” which was released this summer and is one of the best efforts by this Canadian band led by Amy Millan and Torquil Campbell since their early 00s halcyon days. The video itself calls to mind a late-1980s visual aesthetic, the kind of videos for alternative acts that emerged after Peter Gabriel’s “Sledgehammer” clip and eventually faded out with the advent of grunge visuals. Nice, quirky and appropriately nostalgic for a band whose style pegs somewhere between New Order and the C86 acts.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients