Big 12 baseball down
Here’s what we discovered about Big 12 baseball during the NCAA Tournament. 2007 was not a strong year.
Oklahoma State was the final team standing, if you can call it that. O-State took Louisville to a climax game in the Super Regional but was outscored 31-5 for the weekend.
At least the Cowboys won a game. Texas A&M was swept by Rice in the Super Regional. But at least the Aggies made it. Texas, Missouri, Nebraska and Baylor all were ushered out in the regionals.
A sorry showing for Big 12 baseball, and one more reason why the Sooners have no beef for being bypassed by the NCAA Tournament. Finish seventh in this league, as OU did, and you have no argument.
Truth is, we should no longer listen to also-rans in major conferences who cry out for respectability. Check out the teams in the College World Series. Cal State-Fullerton. Louisville. Cal-Irvine. Rice.
Teams with limited baseball tradition or small athletic budgets or both are making noise on the diamond. The message is clear to Big 12 teams. Take care of business, because no one is going to give you a pass.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients