JamesOn can play in the NBA
JamesOn Curry apparently is going to stay in the NBA draft, and while I think it’s the wrong decision, that doesn’t mean Curry can’t make it in the pros.
Think Jannero Pargo.
The backup guard for the Hornets a year ago is opting out of the back end of a two-year contract, thinking his marketability is decent after a solid year in Oklahoma City. Pargo averaged 9.2 points and 2.5 assists a game for the Hornets as a backup to Chris Paul and Devin Brown.
Curry easily could be as good as Pargo. Heck, what am I talking about? Just think about Brown. Is Devin Brown that much better a player than JamesOn Curry? I don’t see it.
Curry might be an inch or so shorter, but he’s just as athletic and seems to be just as good a shooter, plus he spent two years playing for Eddie Sutton, so you figure he knows a little about defense. If Devin Brown can start for a decent NBA team, why wouldn’t Curry make it in the league?
Pargo was a solid player for the Hornets, able to play the point and shooting guard. Curry could, too. His point-guard skills were apparent a year ago, when he had to relieve Byron Eaton on a regular basis.
JamesOn Curry can play in the NBA. And he knows it. Which is why he wants to get started as soon as possible.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients