Stoops’ pyramid adventure
I caught a “King of Queens” episode on late-night television Monday. Doug got hooked up in some goofy pyramid scheme that left him feeling embarrassed.
Welcome to the club, Bob Stoops.
Stoops admitted Monday that he was involved, apparently to a tiny degree, in a pyramid scheme that now is under investigation by federal regulators.
BurnLounge Inc., some kind of online digital music business, touted the participation of Justin Timberlake and Shaquille O’Neal in its operation. Guess that answers the question of who’s bigger in America, Stoops or Justin Timberlake.
The end result of all this is nothing more than embarrassment. Stoops said he invested less than $500, and how he uses or loses his money is none of our business, unless it involves illegal or immoral activities. But still, you’d hope Stoops’ business advisers would be astute enough to keep him away from pyramid schemes.
Steve Spurrier Jr. certainly wishes so. Spurrier said Stoops convinced him to go in on the deal. Hopefully, no one in Oklahoma fell for it, too.
Stoops always has said he has no Internet acumen, doesn’t even read email, which is a good thing. All those goofy financial offers we all get, which are nothing more than trying to get in our pocketbook, are just forms of pyramid schemes, which have been around forever. Heck, a pyramid scheme was the subject of a “Dragnet” episode 40 years ago.
Where’s Joe Friday when you need him?
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26517Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16984Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9163UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8469Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7839Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7354OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6545Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6151Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 5942Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5445Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients