A-Rod’s wife did what?
Cynthia Rodriguez went to Yankee Stadium on Sunday to cheer on her husband and pull another brick from the wall of civilization. The New York Post reported that the wife of Yankee star Alex Rodriguez attended the New York-Oakland game, sitting in the players’ family section, wearing a white tank top with language so foul it would shame a sailor.
Classy. Really classy. A-Rod is a lightning rod, for his salary and his status, and sometimes I feel sorry for him, living in such a glass house. But there’s no excuse for a wife embarrassing her husband, his employer, New York City baseball fans and decent people everywhere.
Yankee policy prohibits fans from using foul language or making obscene gestures, but security guards did not make Ms. Rodriguez leave her seat. Big mistake. Civility counts even in the Bronx Zoo.
Counts even at rank Yankee Stadium. Alex Rodriguez suffered another blow to his image Sunday, courtesy of his coarse wife.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14121OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13945Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8893Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6932Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5880Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5330Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5280Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4654Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4299Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 4082'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients