Looking ahead to 2008
Kevin Wilson pointed out a scary little fact the other day. His OU offense on occasion will have NO seniors on the field.
Tailback Allen Patrick and tight end Joe Jon Finley are the only seniors who figure to play extensively, and both have superb backups, DeMarco Murray and Chris Brown, plus Brody Eldredge and Jermaine Gresham.
Thus the scary part. If OU gets solid quarterbacking, and develops an efficient offense, think of the prowess of 2008. The Sooners would field an offense of veterans, led by a veteran quarterback. 2007 seems promising enough. The Sooners don’t figure to ask too much of their quarterback but have enough weapons to challenge for championships. Give whichever quarterback a year under his belt, with an offense even more experienced, and 2008 looks very, very strong.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3978Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3546Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3194Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients