Coaches have harebrained idea
Mike Gundy said he would like to have a preseason scrimmage against another school. Bob Stoops endorsed the idea, too.
Here’s the problem guys. You’ve already got one. Or two. Or sometimes three.
Of all the harebrained ideas, this has to rank near the top. Coaches want quality competition, just not when the scoreboard is turned on. In September, OSU already is scrimmaging
State and Florida
Atlantic. Those are not games. Those are not contests the Cowboys possibly could lose. OU’s two scrimmages are against slightly better programs, North Texas and Utah State, but the one-sidedness of the competition is the same.
When coaches endorse equality in scheduling, when coaches quit talking about opponents that help you ease into conference play, then we can talk about inter-squad scrimmages. Until then, forget about it.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients