Complaining about Notre Dame
Billy Tubbs, watching the game at home, just called our man John Rohde in the pressbox. Rohde and Tubbs are radio partners on WKY. Tubbs had a mission for Rohde. “Go up there and kick Bob Davie’s butt,” Tubbs told Rohde.
Tubbs was miffed that Davie was talking about Notre Dame, and Lou Holtz phoned in and talked about the Irish, too, and ESPN showed the Notre Dame schedule. Tubbs has a pet peeve about announcers not talking about the game they’re watching. Some games, I don’t blame them. But this one is pretty entertaining. It’s not a rout yet.
Better yet, while I was writing this very blog, my cell phone rang. An Oklahoma City reader, Don Smith, who described himself as a 50-year season-ticker holder, called to complain ABOUT THE VERY SAME THING. Talk about karma. Smith said ESPN spent an inordinate amount of time talking about Notre Dame, then shifted to Arkansas, which at least ties into to TU offensive coordinator Guz Malzahn, who coached in Fayetteville last year.
Now, if this score is 63-21 in the late third quarter, I don’t care if ESPN talks to Beano Cook about Slippery Rock. But when it’s 21-14, 28-14, and both teams are moving the ball, save the Irish and the Hogs for GameDay Saturday morning.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients