Crazy stats, high score
Here’s betting that Bob Stoops and Todd Graham don’t sleep all that well Friday night. Of course, neither head will hit a pillow until well into Saturday morning, not after a game that’s headed for an 11 p.m. finish. But fatigue will give way to dismay. A couple of old defensive coordinators, head coaches who still like to dabble in defense, won’t rest easy after statistical fireworks like this.
With 9:33 left in the third quarter and OU leading Tulsa 35-21, TU quarterback Paul Smith has 301 yards passing and has completed 18 of 24. TU receiver Jesse Meyer has seven catches for 114 yards. OU tailback Allen Patrick had 130 yards on 16 first-half carries. Quarterback Sam Bradford completed 11 of 16 for 162 yards in the first half, and both Sudden Sam and Patrick await their first chance in the second half, and after DeMarco Murray’s 81-yard kickoff return for a touchdown, they will wait longer.
This game is headed for a high score and crazy stats. Defensive coordinators Brent Venables and Keith Patterson will be troubled. Their bosses will be the same.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 13135OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6692Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6620Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5959Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5205Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5081Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3987As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3816Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 3469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients