Zac the Man in Stillwater
Lost in the what’s-wrong-with-Bobby Reid talk and the Mike Gundy tirade against Jenni Carlson is this: OSU now plays its best quarterback. Zac Robinson can’t make all the throws that Reid could make, but he makes enough, and he tops it with excellent running ability.
Scrambles and options and quarterback draws, Robinson uses them all to gobble up yards and move the chains. Robinson is a better runner than Reid, which doesn’t seem like it ought to be so. Reid is bigger and faster. But Robinson has instincts and the desire to run. Robinson gained 116 yards on 13 carries against Texas Tech, giving OSU just its second 100-yard rushing quarterback since 1977. The Cowboys gorged Tech for 366 yards. It’s very difficult to lose a ballgame in which you rush for 366 yards, though OSU came close.
Gundy has had a brewing quarterback controversy for several games, dating back to last season. Why was Robinson in at the end of the Bedlam game last season? Now we know. Coaches thought he gave them the best chance to win that game.OSU is all-in on that idea. No quarterback controversy in Stillwater. Zac Robinson is the man.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 20729Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17578Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 11978Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10703Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 8989Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8551Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 8339Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7784Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4976Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4468Woman arrested on complaint of offering to engage in act of prostitution in Midwest City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients