What was Les thinking?
I’m a big Les Miles fan. I think he’s a heck of a coach. Good play-caller. Good strategist. But I have no idea what Les was thinking in the final seconds Saturday night, when LSU beat Auburn 30-24.
LSU trailed 24-23, and with the clocking winding down, and LSU with the ball on the Auburn 22-yard line, the Tigers threw a pass into the end zone. Demetrius Byrd made a diving catch for a touchdown, with one second left in the game. But what could Miles have been thinking, unless he had no confidence whatsoever in his kicker? If that play malfunctions in the slightest — a tip in the end zone, a little bit of pressure that makes quarterback Matt Flynn hesitate — the clock could have expired, and LSU would have been left looking foolish, in field-goal range but no time to try the game-winner.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 8608Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5353OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5020Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients