Hoops season arrives
Tonight is Halloween, and I’m sitting home, passing out candy, trying to get some work done and watching some NBA basketball. Cavs-Mavs on ESPN, Hornets-Kings on Cox. I could have went out to Lloyd Noble Center and checked out the Sooners, who play an exhibition against Rockhurst College, but that was a pass.
Truth is, the NBA is a far superior product, and that was one of the great lessons taught by the Hornets. Pro hoops are much better than college. Almost every NBA game is competitive; there are a few exceptions, but for the most part, you don’t know who will win. Not so with the college game.
OSU and OU have some decent December games, but OSU’s are mostly in Hawaii, OU’s in New York, should the Sooners get there. Until January, the only watchable OU home games are against Tulsa and Arkansas, the only watchable OSU home game is against Washington. OU plays Gonzaga at the Ford Center, where OSU plays ORU in a brother matchup. That’s basically unacceptable.
Meanwhile, five minutes into the NBA games, we were reminded of why we loved the NBA so much. Most anything could happen. These games, even in October, were anything but scrimmages. Come back soon, NBA. Come back soon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17700Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 13947Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11336Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10871'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10364Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10094Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6825OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6766Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6423Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 6208Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients