Super Bowl set?
Is it too early to call the Super Bowl matchup? The Patriots’ 24-20 victory over Indianapolis puts New England on track to reach the Super Bowl, since the Colts now need the Patriots to lose twice if Indy is to have a chance of hosting the Patriots in the AFC championship game. Meanwhile, Dallas’ rout of Philadelphia reinforces the long-standing belief that the Cowboys are the class of the NFC.
New England-Dallas would be among the most marquee of Super Bowls. America’s Team vs. the Team America Loves to Hate. Anything is possible, but I don’t see that matchup being derailed. New England is a scoring machine, and while the Colts held down the Patriots reasonably well, it will be much tougher to do so in Foxboro, Mass. New England’s victory means it is likely to finish with the best AFC record. And heck, the Pats could go unbeaten. Meanwhile, two games loom that will determine Dallas’ fate. Next Sunday, the Cowboys go to the Meadowlands and play the 6-2 Giants. Dallas, 7-1, can take total command of the NFC East with a win. On Nov. 29, the Cowboys host Green Bay. The Packers, 7-1, have been playing inspired football under Brett Favre. My guess? Even if Dallas loses to the Giants, the Cowboys will win the division and secure the best record in the NFC.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients