Patrick gets mad
Allen Patrick has started playing mad. That is a good thing. A very good thing for Oklahoma. OU’s 50-yard touchdown drive was keyed by a couple of passes — 18 yards to Chris Brown on a Sam Bradford rollout and 10 yards on a slant to Malcolm Kelly on 3rd-and-7 — but the Sooners got to the end zone with attitude. Patrick took a pitch, seemed to momentarily lose the handle, then accelerated to an 11-yard gain. Then on 2nd-and-goal from the 8-yard line, Patrick swept outside, was hit at the line of scrimmage and swarmed under but kept running, all the way to the 2-yard line. That set up Brown’s TD run. That was a drive with offensive attitude. Well-timed and well-placed throws, and some hard running.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients