Waiting for the Mitchell report
Wednesday morning, I started reading the story on the George Mitchell report due out Thursday on baseball’s steroids investigation. Then I stopped reading. I realized I didn’t care. Didn’t care what that story said, didn’t care what the report revealed.
Just don’t care. I’d like to care. I once cared. But I don’t care now. My sports editor called Wednesday and asked if I wanted to write about the Mitchell report when it was released. I said I would if he wanted me to, but I had no desire. I just don’t care.
I wonder if America cares. Barry Bonds is the all-time home run leader and he did it by juicing up. I know it, you know it, everyone knows it. And he was not alone. He wasn’t even in a small minority. Tons of guys did the same thing. The records have been compromised. The game has been compromised. But you can’t put the genie back in the bottle, and you can’t make me care.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24594Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 16991Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10679OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 9258Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7390UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 6889Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5783Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 5259Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4425Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients