An All-College idea
OK, here’s my idea for the All-College. Bedlam. A doubleheader. Women, then men. OU-OSU. OSU-OU.
Cowboys vs. Sooners. Sooners vs. Cowgirls. At the Ford Center, a few nights before Christmas.
Basketball in this state needs a serious surge of energy. Bedlam would do it. The coaches want no part of it, of course, because coaches don’t want to be placed under any pressure. Tough.
A December game between the Bedlam rivals would shine the spotlight on basketball and would be good for the teams, too. Both schools have plenty of games that are virtual scrimmages, although Stephen F. Austin certainly took a chunk out of that theory. But playing games that matter, playing games that could go either way, would refine the squads every year.
The coaches wouldn’t like it. But sometimes coaches have to be overruled. Sometimes coaches have to realize that this sport, believe it or not, is bigger than they are. college basketball is suffering from paralysis pre-New Year’s. A Bedlam All-College would solve that problem.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101218Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15357OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13402Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8724Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8110How to help tornado victims
- 8098Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8041Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 6720Oklahoma tornadoes: Oklahoma singer packs tour bus with donations for storm victims
- 6515Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 5990Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients