Bad night for the Cowboys
Sean Sutton called OSU’s loss to Oral Roberts “embarrassing,” and he was right. But he didn’t know how right he was. Getting blown out by the Golden Eagles was bad enough. But anyone who watched both games of the doubleheader saw a vast difference in the two games.
OSU-ORU seemed like a junior varsity game compared to OU-Gonzaga in terms of quality basketball. Big difference in fundamentals, in execution, in ferocity.
That’s big trouble for the Cowboys. OU has looked good two straight games, but the game before that the Sooners lost to Stephen F. Austin. So OU is not any kind of world-beater. OU is in that group of Big 12 teams — Missouri, Nebraska, Texas Tech, Kansas State, Baylor — that will challenge for the fourth- and fifth-place spots.
And the Cowboys clearly are below that. Think about that. OSU right now is no better than ninth or 10th in the Big 12. The Cowboys are in the bottom tier of Big 12 teams. Uh-oh.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16829OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 15402Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 12656Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11727Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7777Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7628Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7109Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6861Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
- 6397Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients