A guy you can cheer for
Bill Stewart’s college football head-coaching career almost surely will last one game, the Fiesta Bowl tomorrow night against Oklahoma. But Stewart is having a good time with his moment in the sun as West Virginia’s interim coach.
Stewart must have said thank you 25 times during his press conference Tuesday. He talks about all his good friends on the OU staff, and you actually believe him. Just a charming, down-home man who is proud of his state and his team.
Here’s a little piece from Stewart’s press conference: “I have enjoyed very much working in this role, but what coach wouldn’t embellish that opportunity?” Yes, he said embellish but meant “relish.”
Here’s more: “I’m just one of the gang. We’ve all taken on a role that we’re preparing our football team for a very formidable opponent … I have had a few more speaking engagements. I’ve gotten to meet a lot of nice people. I am the same guy that will ride in taxicabs. I don’t need a limo; I am not going to change one bit. I am just a ball coach out here with a group of ball coaches with a tremendous football team…
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients