A Heisman for Vince?
Some people are speculating that Reggie Bush’s Heisman Trophy will be vacated. I don’t know if the Downtown Athletic Club can force Bush to give back the hardware, but it certainly can remove him from the rolls and annual honors. That’s the thing about the Heisman; it’s an ongoing award.
Steve Owens has talked extensively about the prestige and thrill of going back to New York every year and mingling with the other Heisman winners. It’s an exclusive club. Losing that Heisman perk is no small thing.
Which is why I say give the 2005 Heisman to Vince Young. The Texas quarterback deserved it anyway; he clearly was the best football player in America that season. Bush was a wonderful player, too, but in Young’s class. Young wouldn’t have the thrill of walking up to the podium and receiving all that attention from ESPN, as Bush did, but he would get to enjoy all the Heisman fruits past winners still enjoy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11552Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10742OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6888Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5464Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 5395Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4853Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 4694OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4051Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3988Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3664As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients