I told you so
This really isn’t my nature, but I’ve been doing radio with Jim Traber for three months, so some of this can’t be helped. But I told you so.
When it comes to Eli Manning, I told you so. I told you eight days ago, in previewing the Giants-Cowboys playoff game, that New York had a big-time quarterback, but his name and his office address — Peyton’s little brother, playing in the Big Apple — kept that news on the Q.T.
But Eli is only 27 — just turned 27 — and already is an accomplished quarterback. The only knock on Eli was lack of playoff success, and when I wrote the column two weeks ago, Eli had just won in Tampa Bay. Now he’s won in Dallas and Green Bay.
The Giants knew all along they had their franchise quarterback. Now they know their franchise quarterback is a big-time franchise quarterback. He’s not Tom Brady. Not Peyton. But Eli Manning ranks with any other quarterback in the league.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients