Let’s see the Cowgirls
The state’s biggest college basketball game of the week, at least before Sunday, is not on television. Oklahoma State’s women at Texas.
OU-Texas Tech tonight in Norman is on KWTV, but that’s a sidelight to the Big 12′s big game. Can the Cowgirls, 4-0 in the Big 12, keep winning? No reason to think they can’t, after winning at Texas A&M last Saturday. Alas, radio and the Internet are the only ways to follow the action from Austin tonight.
That’s how far Kurt Budke and Andrea Riley have taken this program. From 0-16 two years ago to demands for more televised games now. Two years ago, the idea that OSU women’s basketball needed more TV time would have been rejected by all but the parents of the players. Now, the Cowgirls have upstaged Courtney Paris and Sherri Coale in a remarkably short amount of time. Can they keep this wild ride going? I wish we could watch for ourselves tonight.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 11434Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11103Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9903Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8455Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4574Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4269Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4107OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3554How to help tornado victims
- 3541Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
- 3452Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients