Coaches grades are in
Coacheshotseat.com is a fun website. During the college football season, it ranks coaches’ job security, trying to figure out who might be staying and who might be going. It’s not to be taken seriously; the website has no credibility, I don’t even know who runs it. It’s for amusement only. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
Now the website has issued its final grades for each Division I-A coach. Which again means nothing but is nothing but interesting. Here are some grades:
Bob Stoops: C. “Very average with all that talent.” Well, I don’t know what kind of scale they’re using, but I’ve never thought highly of C’s. I don’t see how you can give Stoops a C. He won a conference that included four top-10 teams. He pulled a stinker in the Fiesta Bowl, but a C is too low. Mack Brown was given a B; Stoops, with a new quarterback, beat Texas and its veteran quarterback and won the Big 12 South.
Mike Gundy: C. “18-19 in three seasons at OSU. Mediocre is the word.” No argument on the record or its description, but I didn’t know we were judging more than this year. In 2007, Gundy went 7-6 against one of the nation’s toughest schedules. The non-conference was a D (2-2, with two automatic victories) but OSU was 4-4 in the Big 12, which is B territory. And the bowl rout of Indiana was a B+ (Hoosiers weren’t good enough to warrant an A). Overall, I’d say probably B- for Gundy.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients