Welker leads receivers
After four minutes of the third quarter, the game’s leading receiver in yards and catches is Wes Welker, four for 39. Good for Welker, but that’s not a lot of yardage this deep into the game. Amani Toomer had a salty 38-yard catch, but the other marquee guys have been relatively quiet. Randy Moss has one catch for 18 yards, and the Giants’ Plaxico Burress has one for 14.
The rushers aren’t much better, although the Giants have had some success. Brandon Jacobs, a battering ram at 264 pounds, has 35 yards on 11 carries. His slight backup, Ahmad Bradshaw, has 26 yards on four carries. That’s 61 yards on 15 carries for the New York tailbacks.
So look for the Giants to keep trying to run the ball, particularly if they stay within a possession of the lead. And look for the Patriots to keep throwing to Welker, who had two catches for 22 yards on New England’s first possession of the half.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients