Field position game
Bill Belichick just told us something with his throw-it-long decision on 4th-and-13 from the Giants 31-yard line: He doesn’t have great confidence in kicker Stephen Gostkowski, who could have tried a 49-yard field goal.
Why else would Belichick not kick? The loss of field position is not great. If Gostkowski had missed, the Giants would have taken over at the 39-yard line. Throwing incomplete gave New York the ball at the 31. What’s the difference in that?
Keep an eye on this. If New England needs a field goal, don’t get too confident in the replacement for ultimate Super Bowl hero Adam Vinatieri. Belichick certainly isn’t.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients