Welker best offensive player
We’ve played three quarters of Super Bowl 42, and the best offensive player on the field is the guy who wasn’t good enough to get a scholarship at OU or OSU, which is not the highest of crimes, considering a Miami Dolphins team that just went 1-15 decided Wes Welker couldn’t help, either.
Welker has seven catches for 72 yards, and he just made a huge play in this field-position game: a 16-yard catch on 2nd-and-15 from the New England 5-yard line. Tom Brady threw behind Welker, who turned his body and speared the ball, then held on as the Giants’ Gibril Wilson smacked him and tried to pull the ball away.
New England eventually punted, but not in the shadow of its end zone. The Patriots advanced into Giant territory, then punted, pinning New York at its 20.
Welker’s numbers aren’t huge, until you consider New England has only 211 total yards.
Welker is not the best player on the field. That distinction belongs to the Giants’ Jason Tuck, I suppose, or one of those other New York pass rushers who are making life miserable for Tom Brady.
But offensively, it’s Welker.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients