Eli grows up even more
FOX cameras caught Peyton Manning clapping in triumph after his little brother hit Giants tight end Kevin Boss over the middle for what became a 45-yard gain. Five plays later, Eli Manning completed an 80-yard drive with a dart-a-keyhole pass to David Tyree for a 5-yard touchdown pass that gave the Giants a 10-7 lead.
I’ve been saying it for a month. We are seeing the newest quarterback star in the NFL. Eli Manning has grown up. He’s been solid, solid, solid in these playoffs, and now he’s got a chance to win the Super Bowl. Eli is outplaying Tom Brady, who has some decent numbers tonight but most of them on swing passes that leave the dirty work up to the pass catchers.
Win or lose tonight, the Giants are going to be a load for years to come. They can rush the passer, and they’ve got themselves a quarterback, and that’s where you start when you build a football team.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients