Rough climb for the Sooners
OU’s road to the NCAA Tournament is becoming rocky. Chances are, the Sooners won’t get there. In the real Big 12 standings, OU is in seventh place. The Sooners have to get to 9-7 — I don’t see a Big 12 team making it at 8-8 — and then hope that’s good enough. It probably will. But can the Sooners get there?
Even giving OU home wins against Iowa State, Baylor and Missouri (no sure shot on those last two), the Sooners have to win three out of these four games: home against Texas A&M, at OSU, at Nebraska, at Texas Tech. Nebraska and Tech are tough at home, OSU is Bedlam and A&M has emerged from its slump. A 9-7 record does not look likely.
Let me show you what I mean, with the weekly Big 12 standings using the plus/minus system (one point for a road win, one point deducted for a home defeat):
1. Kansas & Texas: +3
3. Texas A&M & Kansas State +2
5. Baylor +1
6. Texas Tech even
7. OU & Nebraska: -1
9. OSU, Iowa State & Missouri: -2
12. Colorado: -3
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients