Thanks for returning my call
People who return my phone calls rank high on my list. Doesn’t matter what they have to say, even if it’s “I have nothing to say.” Returning phone calls is a big deal.
I thought of that last week when I had occasion to call OSU athletic director Mike Holder two straight days; once for a variety of questions I had sort of been sitting on, and then again when Eddie Sutton made his comments to a Tulsa radio station about giving Sean more time to turn around Cowboy hoops.
Holder called me back with an hour or so the first time, then took my call the second time. I appreciate that. It’s good business for both of us. Holder always calls back, even when he has reason to be upset with something I’ve written.
Who else is good at returning calls? Well, Kelvin Sampson was excellent. Always called back, even when he was mad. Sean Sutton always calls back, too; Eddie Sutton, same way, though late in his OSU coaching career Eddie often would just give his phone messages to Sean and have Sean return them.
I don’t have occasion to call Bob Stoops or Mike Gundy very often. Maybe once a year, or maybe not even that much.
Joe Castiglione always calls back, too, though sometimes it’s late, because he’s in Dallas or California or someplace, doing some kind of committee work.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17454Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13102OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11643'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11460Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9987Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8525Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 8435Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7203Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7020Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7003Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients