Surprise leader in Big 12
What a difference a week makes in Big 12 basketball. Both the Sooners and Cowboys are in much better shape than they were last Monday. It was a good week for both; two-game winning streaks for each, including big road wins in the Lone Star State.
How big was David Godbold’s 28-foot 3-pointer that beat Texas Tech? If that shots bounces off, the Sooners and Cowboys are tied in the real Big 12 standings, which take into effect home/road records. Remember, you get point for a road win and lose a point for a home loss. It’s a great way to tell what the standings really look like as we go down the stretch.
1. Texas +4: Longhorns are tied with Kansas and have fewer road games remaining.
2. Kansas +3: Jayhawks play at Stillwater on Saturday.
3. Kansas State +2: Wildcats showing signs of staggering.
4. Texas A&M +1: Aggies were thought to be riding high until OSU came to College Station.
5. OU & Baylor Even: Sooners and Bears play Tuesday night at Norman. When it comes to NCAA Tournament consideration, Sooners have a big edge, thanks to non-conference schedule.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients