This game had a nice stretch early when the whistle rarely blew. Alas, the plague of women’s basketball — constant whistles — has arrived.
Andrea Riley was called for a dubious charge — her second foul of the game, both on charging calls — that wiped out a layup. On the other end, OSU’s Taylor Hardeman was called for a foul, but immediately A&M’s Danielle Gant was whistled for a technical foul.
One theory: With both teams known for aggression, and Andrea Riley’s well-discussed pop of a Texas player during a scrum Thursday night, maybe the officials have decided they will not let this game get out of hand.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients