Not what the NFL needs
The NFL needs a few things. Fewer penalty flags on defensive backs. More professionalism in the end zone by touchdown-makers. A team in Los Angeles would be nice.
The NFL does NOT need one more knuckleheaded wide receiver. For some reason, pro football prima donnas have migrated to the flanker position. Troublemakers can be found split wide. Terrell Owens. Randy Moss. Chad Johnson.
So why did Malcolm Kelly act the way he did Wednesday, ripping OU after pro scouts watched him run slow times in the 40-yard dash? It was bad enough that Kelly gave the scouts reason to think he wasn’t fast enough to play in the NFL. Now he’s given them reason to think he’s a goober.
If you will blast your college program — ON ITS CAMPUS — where the atmosphere is all warm fuzzies and Three Musketeerish, what would you do in the poisonous pro locker room, where criticizing the organization is part of the initiation? Dumb. Very dumb.
Kelly could at least claim solid-citizen status after his woeful 40 times, which were anywhere from 4.68 to 4.75, which can be decent for a linebacker but not for a passcatcher trying to outmaneuver Bill Belichick-type defenses. Now, Kelly’s good name is gone. Right in front of pro scouts, he turned bellyacher and excuse-maker.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 25412Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15758Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9844UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8808Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7879Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 7543Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6502Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6399OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6273Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5958Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients