Going to war with Jim Traber
Lots of folks by now have heard or heard about my spirited exchange with Gentleman Jim Traber on the Sports Animal’s Total Dominance Hour. I called Jim a chauvinist and four seconds later the world was on fire.
I received a couple of inquiries and saw a couple of Internet postings that I want to clear up. The show was not an act. The show was not planned. Not scripted. Not discussed beforehand. This was not some ruse to create another Sports Animal buzz. Jim and I go at it every once in awhile, but it’s always spontaneous.
I assume a lot of radio shows plant controversy, but I can tell you that with Traber and Eschbach, we never even talk before the show about which subject we’re going to discuss. On rare occasions, one of us might, during a commercial break, say something like, hey, let’s talk about the Hornets, or OU baseball, or Travis Ford. But never do we plan out a show, much less plan out a forest fire to get everyone talking.
Let me clear up another item. Jim and I are friends. We’re not go-out-to-dinner once a week friends. We’re not play-golf-regularly-together friends. I can’t find the time to go to dinner with anyone but my family; don’t play golf with anyone, much less a seven-handicapper like Jim.
I bust him on the radio because he’s fun to bust, and we most definitely disagree on a variety of subjects, and Jim is more combustible than gasoline. But there are no hard feelings. And whatever happens, it most definitely was not scripted.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22069Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17657Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12691Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10660Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 10002Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9693Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8348OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6426Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head in self-defense
- 5624Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 5094Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients