Big 12 football predictions
I don’t really get into preseason predictions much. I’ll glance at where teams are picked to finish, but I never participate in those preseason polls, conference or otherwise.
But after three days of wall-to-wall football talk, I’ll weigh in on the Big 12 outlook. Sometimes, something a coach says can change your mind about a team. So here’s my Big 12 outlook for 2008:
1. Oklahoma: Nothing changes here. The Sooners have the most returning talent and a favorable schedule. Missouri is gone from the schedule, and Kansas plays in Norman. OU has four conference road games. At A&M, at OSU, at K-State, at Baylor. College Station and Stillwater could be dicey.
2. Texas Tech: Red Raiders, too, get Missouri off the schedule but have to go to Norman. If OU went to Lubbock this year, things would get very interesting.
3. Texas: Can the Longhorns thrive in the underdog role? OU has.
4. Oklahoma State: Cowboys’ season comes down to three games. Home against A&M, at Colorado, home against OU. That’s not such a bad spot to be; two of three at home amid the games that will determine the season.
5. Texas A&M: Just not a lot of excitement over the Aggies.
6. Baylor: I like Art Briles, but I liked Guy Morriss, too.
1. Missouri: Don’t look now, but Gary Pinkel is becoming a heck of a coach.
2. Nebraska: I’m a big believer in Bo Pelini. He will lose most interviews but win most games.
3. Kansas: The blessing of 2007 (easy schedule) turns around in 2008. KU has a very tough slate. OU, Tech, Texas.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 85341Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16721OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12445Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12075Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 11152Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 9705Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9037How to help tornado victims
- 8773Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8553Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7603Excessive speed, alcohol, operator inattention contributed to fatal boat crash, report states
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients