Castiglione sports new look
I saw Joe Castiglione today, and the OU athletic director is sporting a new look. He’s got a sharp goatee growing. He termed it a summer diversion.
Castiglione had a moustache when he first arrived at OU but lost it to an NCAA championship. Joe C. agreed to shave off his moustache if the 2002 Sooners won the national title. Those Sooners did indeed deliver, and on the victory stand, they all reached into their warmups and pulled out disposable razors. Castiglione went into the locker room and shaved it off.
That was the first of five (and counting) NCAA titles won by OU under coach Mark Williams.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17205Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9411Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9383Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6982Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6824Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6420Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6294Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6021UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5537Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients