Young could join Coker as triple crown coordinators
OSU is talking with Bill Young about the open defensive coordinator job, and if Young makes the jump from Miami to Stillwater, he would join Larry Coker in an exclusive club.
Coker was offensive coordinator at all three major-college football schools in Oklahoma. Young has been defensive coordinator at Tulsa and OU; OSU would give him the sweep.
Coker, of course, was a little more unique, because he jumped from one school to the next — from Tulsa to OSU to OU. Young has worked all over the place in between finding his way back to Oklahoma.
Young, an OSU grad, was a junior varsity coach for the Cowboys in 1968. He returned to OSU in 1976-78, working for Jim Stanley. He went to Iowa State, then became John Cooper’s defensive coordinator at Tulsa from 1980-84. He followed Cooper to Arizona State and Ohio State, then in 1996 was hired by John Blake to be OU’s defensive coordinator. Since then, Young has worked at Southern Cal, Detroit of the NFL, Kansas and Miami.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients