Sadler lauds Capel
OU basketball coach Jeff Capel has a huge fan in Nebraska coach Doc Sadler.
Sadler went out of his way twice Wednesday night to salute Capel’s program. Salder told the media during his press conference that you “never hear anything bad” about the Sooner program.
Then later, leaving Lloyd Noble Center, Sadler stopped to chat with OU athletic director Joe Castiglione and told Joe C. what a keeper he had in Capel, that Sadler never hears anything negative about OU basketball on the recruiting trail, that Capel does everything right, and that he couldn’t say that about a lot of people.
There’s no history that I know of between Capel and Sadler, and the comments were completely unsolicited. They weren’t in response to a question.
Capel has indeed done a superb job as the Sooner coach. Would another coach have been able to sign Blake Griffin? Probably. Would another coach have been able to sign Willie Warren? Maybe.
But that’s not really the point. Capel took the job, and OU basketball has been rising ever since. Both competitively and in status. On and off the court.
And Capel has what might be the most difficult thing to obtain: what seems to be heartfelt respect of his peers. At least one peer in particular.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3978Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3546Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3194Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients