We’re due a Super Bowl dud
I’m less excited about this Super Bowl than any I can remember. I don’t really know why.
Nothing against the Cardinals. I love Kurt Warner. I think Larry Fitzgerald might be the best offensive player in the NFL. Their helmets are classic.
But I just don’t see Arizona staying with Pittsburgh. Until the playoffs, the Cardinals were a mediocre team; 9-7 in the NFC West is 8-8 or 7-9 in most any other division.
Yes, Arizona got hot, and good for it. But is the NFL a get-hot league? I don’t see it. And don’t give me the Giants. The 2007 Giants were an excellent team that played in a rough division, withstood some injuries and finished 10-6. And in the playoffs, New York didn’t suddenly turn on the fire. For instance, the Giants’ win at Dallas and in the Super Bowl against New England were the same kind of games the Giants had played all season, they just gutted them out and won.
I don’t think the ’08 Cardinals are in the same class as the ’07 Giants, but I think the ’08 Steelers are something special. They are rock solid; a defense for the ages and a quarterback in Ben Roethlisberger who has proven to be a winner.
The Super Bowl in recent years has turned into a decent sporting event. Patriots-Rams, Patriots-Panthers, Giants-Patriots. Some excellent games. But not too long ago, the Super Bowl was a Super Dud. A bad, one-sided game in which we annually expected a rout.
I expect another one today. Steelers 28-6.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16360Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12715Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 11414'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11247Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11067Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 10980OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 7454Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 6968Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6909Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 6877Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients